Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Squirrels. Will they ruin my garden plans?

I planted some sunflower seeds. When I went to water them yesterday, I found they had been dug up and eaten (I found a half empty shell next to one hole)





I assume its squirrels we get lots of those in the garden.





Anyway I have bought bulbs (Anemone, Persian Buttercup and triteleia) I plan on planting them today. Do squirrels also dig up and eat bulbs? If so what can I do to deter them?Squirrels. Will they ruin my garden plans?
I sprinkle black pepper around the perimeter of my garden (any pepper will do). You need to reapply if it gets wet, but it won't hurt your plants, and keeps squirrels and possums away!Squirrels. Will they ruin my garden plans?
I think you should be fine with those bulbs. Squirrels seem to prefer crocus, daffodil %26amp; tulips bulbs IF they're going to munch on bulbs.





How we handle the squirrel problem and we have a lot of them around is to feed them as we do the birds. That way they have their own food source and leave other things alone.
Yes they will dig them up and eat them.





I have a sonic squirrel scare device which sends out a high pitched noise when they trigger the device. It cost about 拢30 and did the trick.





Just google it and you will see what I mean.
whatever you do dont kill them...

No comments:

Post a Comment