Friday, May 14, 2010

Squirrels and Suet...???

I thought squirrels didn't like suet? They are eating it all up. How do I keep them out of it? I have it in a suet holder hanging from a tree.Squirrels and Suet...???
Rubbermaid makes a nice, effective, squirrel guard that you hang from the tree and then hang the feeder under it. I have about 8 of them. I have had them for many years and they show no sign of wearing out. I bought mine at Lowes.Squirrels and Suet...???
put some pepper around, they don't like pepper
Sprinkle cayenne pepper on it and around the base of the tree. The birds cannot discern heat...therefore it does not bother them...but the squirrels can smell it, so they leave it alone.
You can't keep them out of it. Squirrels are going to eat it. You might try hanging it off a fence post if you have one, but don't count on that deterring the squirrels.
  • cleansing products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment