Friday, May 14, 2010

Can't squirrels read?

We put posters everywhere on our street, informing everyone ';For a clean street, no papers or garbage.'; But the signs seem to be ignored. The squirrels got into the garbage bags, tore them open and littered the street! It's abominable, can't they read?Can't squirrels read?
I put a great big heavy rock on top of my garbage can to keep the squirrels out. They CAN read, but choose not to.Can't squirrels read?
Funny!...............
Well leave them some nuts, go out in the early morning, and make a squirrel noise (kind of like a tisking noise with your mouth) have a nut or fruit or cracker waiting, eventually the squirrel will either take it out of your hand or wait for you to leave then go get it. Do this for a few days in a row. Its a peace offering and they'll come to trust you, so don't screw it up. then they'll go drag out the neighbors' trash and leave yours alone, but you may find them knocking on the door or window for a spot of breakfast. I'm serious, I used to have a squirrel hat would climb up the side of the brick building or take the outside stairs and knock on the window in the morning for me to give it nuts or toast while I had my coffee, it was our routine for about a year.
Yes they can. They're just squirreslexic....
Yeah, they read the sign but........all those goody bags were too much to pass up!! If they are too much of a problem you might want to try taking corn on the cob, used or not, rolling it in peanut butter and then in seeds. If you hang it in a tree or nail it to a board in a tree it should keep them fed enough not to go through your garbage. They can read though. I have seen them many times right outside the beware of dog signs taunting those poor chained dogs. LOL, it is a great show when you see the squirrel taunting it to, just for laughs and only with a well trained dog, let the dog off the leash. Whew, I have never seen a squirrel run that fast before. Or leave so much hair in the fence! LOL
HAHA, thats funny.. obviously not.
You know, I don't think they can read. They get the raccoons to tell them what the signs say. However the raccoons are prankster so they lie. Good luck and buy a better garbage can.
lol, no-no they cant.





I bottle fed a squirrel and raised him and I'm positive he couldn't read.
CUTE. LOL SECURE YOUR GARBAGE CONTAINERS FROM ALL PESTS .I ONCE HAD TROUBLE WITH A RACCOON FAMILY. THEY WERE CUTE BUT ALSO MESSY. MY HUSBAND TIED DOWN THE COVERS .PROBLEM SOLVED. GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment