Friday, May 14, 2010

Repel squirrels?

any tips on how to keep them from digging up flowers beds? they are very destructive little creaturesRepel squirrels?
My grandmother told me many years ago to keep the squirrels and chipmunks from digging up and eating your flower bulbs, wrap your hair from your brush around the bulbs or roots of the flowers and that will keep them from digging up your flowers, because the hair is so fine and they don't like the feel of it in their mouth, so they will only try it once. I have done that now for many years and have never had a problem. You can also use thread or a fine yarn. It all has worked for me.Repel squirrels?
do you have a dog?
After using Dried Blood, found at the garden center, they leave my flower beds alone. Sprinkle around where they dig and re-apply occasionally.
blood meil works good (they don't like the smell of it) also cayanne pepper works great, but it has to be re applied after a rain
I feed the little critters, they are so entertaining. Try feeding them away from your flower beds then maybe they will leave the flowers alone.





P.S. I have tried the Cayenne Pepper where I don't want them and it didn't work .
buy a dog or...fence in your bed. You will need to cover the top with fencing, too. I use Hardware cloth (like chicken wire but with finer grid) to protect my tomatos and pepper.
try moth balls they hate the smell
  • cleansing products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment