Sunday, January 17, 2010

@#! Squirrels eating my Gerbera Daisies!! Help?

I planted my garden on my apartment patio this year, with geraniums and some lovely Gerbera daisies. The squirrels came along and ate all the blossoms--and buds--off my daisies. Short of electrifying the patio (tempting) or letting my cat lie in wait in the flower patch, how do I keep the daisies from being eaten? I have heard of putting mothballs on the top of the soil around the plants...does that work?@#! Squirrels eating my Gerbera Daisies!! Help?
get a 4-10 shotgun, .22 rifle, or a bb gun. If you are a pacifist get a broom and wait 24-7. jk jk I'd try mothballs. Keeps my dogs away.@#! Squirrels eating my Gerbera Daisies!! Help?
Somehow a squirrel got inside my house last winter and we tried almost everything out there from poisons and traps to home remedies. I've come to find cayenne pepper to be the most effective. They hate cayenne pepper, and i've heard the same about Chili peppers. Try sprinkling some on the patio around the plants and see if it helps. Do you have a bird feeder out there?? If so those little sh*ts are probably eating from there to, and that could be attracting them.


best wishes,


me
Here is something that usually works: any kind of human hair that you can get your hands on. No joke! My wife usually cuts my hair and when we lived near my parents house we used to do it over their so we could put the remains in their garden.
I think thats only supposed to work for bugs, but you can try. You should put a tight metal fence around your flowers? You could also try to put other food in front of the flowers so they'll just take those instead?
not sure if that will work but maybe u can move the plants in another spot some were the freaking squirrels could not get to them and eat them lol


but make sure that you don't put harsh chemicals on the plants :D


xoxoxo


jb
hook the squirrels up


get peanut butter,crackers,and Dcon





make a nice ball and place next to your daisies that will eventually solve your problem
you can buy a fake owl or hawk from most of the big box home stores. put it by your daisies and those squirrels should stay away
I've heard that spreading some (used) coffee grounds on the top of the soil deterrs the Squirrels. I dont know that for sure though, just something I've heard
yes , try mothballs
You could get a pellet gun
smack them lol
how cute...i will give u a star
  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment