Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do people hunt squirrels I will hunt lots of things but squirrels cause' they're pretty useless after?

and blood came out of its nose!!!!!!!!!! I shot one 2 years agoWhy do people hunt squirrels I will hunt lots of things but squirrels cause' they're pretty useless after?
Well, Charlie, squirrel hunting is like many things, it ain't for everyone. Apparently it isn't for you. I enjoy hunting squirrels and find them to be tasty fare. If you know what you are doing, they are not hard to dress out and if you are good shot, you shoot them in the head so no meat is messed up. Squirrels are one of my favorite animals to hunt.Why do people hunt squirrels I will hunt lots of things but squirrels cause' they're pretty useless after?
Charlie T. shot the squirrel in the head because my sight was off and I was aiming for the chest but since the scope was off it hit the head

Report Abuse



Well, some folks actually hunt them just for sport. They are quick little buggers, so for someone who isn't that skilled, it is a pretty good practice-target.





BUT some folks actually eat squirrel meat.


There really isn't a lot of meat on the animal, but still, you will find that there are a lot of folks who enjoy the flavor.
I do hate when lung shot squirrels start bleeding like that. I quit hunting with a shotgun years ago, and use only my Ruger 10/22 or Mark III pistol with CCI Stingers of Velocitors. I take head/neck shots only.


Squirrels are tasty, but the big fox squirrels are tough. I pressure cook them and then debone the meat and make jambalaya or squirrel sauce picante.
Okay.. listen.. go get you a black mouth cur dog, maybe two.


train them to tree squrriels and then shoot you a few.


Most Fun EVER!


Then google how to clean a squirrel.


the easiest way is to cut there back above the tail then stand on the tail and pull the flab of skin. cut offf the head feet, and tail, then gut em.


Then you go and fry them suckers. best eatin ever!
Useless??





Tell that to all the people that survived on small game after the large game was hunted out.





I eat squirrel as does everyone in my family. I would hardly call them useless.





Blood came out of its nose... and?? You mean to tell me blood doesn't come out of the other animals you hunt?
Squirrel and dumplings. mmmmmmm





If we didn't hunt squirrels, we would be overrun with them. There have been times in US history where bounties have been placed on them as they reached near plague populations.





You need a couple to make a good pot. Skin them and cut them into quarters. Prepare them just as you would chicken.
They are quite tasty. I like making stir fry w/ em. You just need a few to get enough to feed a family. My ma has an old Amish cookbook. In it is a recipe calling for 100 squirrels!





When you shoot stuff blood comes out. Duh...
Because they are Delicious to eat, and lots of Fun, and very challenging to Hunt.*

No comments:

Post a Comment