Friday, January 15, 2010

What wild animals have you seen (besides deer and squirrels)?

I saw a ferocious rabbit once.What wild animals have you seen (besides deer and squirrels)?
One of my first wild animals were raccons, way up in the country. It was night and I only saw the green dots of their eyes--I was freakin' out (being a city girl).


Chipmunks.


I once saw a red fox on a side road.


Wild turkey off the beaten path.


Do rats count?


The best though, was a freakin' bear right outside my friend's den in the backyard--Holy Skyrockets, Batman!What wild animals have you seen (besides deer and squirrels)?
ants
i see animals at the zoo lots of cool and cute animals
Here in West Central NJ, we also have a lot of birds, including wild turkeys, owls and hawks. I saw a pileated woodpecker once (about the size of a chicken and somewhat rare.) We also have very very short Eastern coyotes, opossums, racoons and red foxes. I've seen them all. There was a mountain lion in the area a few years back, but I only heard him(her) one night.
I love going to a zoo, so mostly the typical zoo animals.
Black Bears, Grizzlies, Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, Bison, Mule Deer, Prairie Dogs, Groundhogs, Chipmunks, Rabbits, Racoons, Opossums, Foxes, Coyotes, Wolves, Stingray


(while scuba diving)





All in the wild not ZOOS
well sh!t I can't remember all of em. Let's see, at the Wild Animal Park I fed a giraffe, rode an elephant, petted some wildebeasts. At Sea World I petted a killer whale and a dolphin. At another zoo I touched a snake and goats. Once when snorkeling I saw a white tip reef shark. I could go on but I think you get the idea...
I have seen a wolf up close, not in a zoo. He did not appear to be afraid. I have also seen a variety of snakes that were not in a zoo. I killed one and never did find out what kind of snake it was. I also killed a water moccasin.
I have seen a wild boor ~ dead on the side of the road.
Raccoons, birds, woodchucks, rabbits, foxes, and coyotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment